Saturday, September 15, 2007

Recipe of the week - Saucy BBQ Sloppy Joes

I don't know what got into me this week but I tried 3 new recipes. I got the Food and Family Magazine Kraft sends out every quarter (If you don't get it you should - it's free. All you have to do is register for it online.) I typically flag a bunch of recipes to try and then never get around to trying them. Since school has started and I am teaching swim lessons again I decided it was time to get organized and plan out meals for the week. While planning I picked 3 new recipes to try. They were all good and the kids ate all of them (that doesn't always happen). I'll probably post the other 2 another time but this was Beckham's favorite.

Saucy BBQ Sloppy Joes
prep: 5 min Total:20 Min (You gotta love a meal you can make in less than 30 min)
1lb ground beef
1 each green pepper and onion finely chopped
1/2 c BBQ sauce
1/2 c water
4 oz Velveeta cheese cut into cubes
4 hamburger buns

Brown meat, drain, add chopped peppers and onions cook 5 min, stir in BBQ sauce, water, and Velveeta cook 2 min until Velveeta is melted and mixture is well blended. Serve on buns.

Since I teach at night I need something fast when we get home. I made the mixture ahead of time and just warmed it up when I got home. the magazine also said this is a good meal to freeze and warm up later. If you make it let me know how it turns out.

No comments: