Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Getting better

I wrote this blog a few days ago in response to everyone's reply to the previous post about Ainsley being sick but was waiting to include pictures. Ainsley is feeling better (I wouldn't say 100%). I took her to the Dr. on Monday (a week ago, remember I was a slacker with posting this) because she has had congestion for over 2 weeks and this weekend she got hives. Poor girl seems like she has had one thing after another. The Doctor put her on some antibiotics that have to be the worst thing in the world. The liquid medicine is gritty - it feels and looks like it had sand in it. It's like drinking chalky sand. Doesn't that sound good? Imagine trying to give a toddler this nasty medicine you wouldn't take yourself. Not fun! I have learned Ainsley's love for marshmallows/candy corn. We now use marshmallows or candy corn as chasers for the medicine.

The other part of the story is whenever the kids go to the Dr. they get a sticker. which they love. The first few times they put them on the window of the car. I didn't like that look so I suggested putting them on the roof of the car. As you can see from the picture of the roof of the car we have been to the doctor's a few times in the past 18 months. In fact just a few weeks ago Beckham said - Mom we need to go to the doctor. Curious I asked why are you sick? His reply - No, we just need more stickers we haven't gotten any new ones lately. (Only because it was summer and you weren't sick every other week). I told him there's a much cheaper way to get stickers - like the dollar store!! I am hoping this year won't be as bad as last. I am praying their immune systems got used to school germs, NC/SC germs and the environment here.

Ainsley's side of the car is the left picture Beckham's is the right. I had a hard time capturing how many there are.

1 comment:

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

definently colorful and adds something to the car :)