Thursday, October 4, 2007

I all better??

The only thing worse than being sick is having your kid be sick (I guess the worst thing would be being sick and having a sick kid at the same time). Ainsley had the stomach flu this weekend and I felt so bad for her. At that age they don't understand what is going on. This is the first time she had the flu and every time she got sick she would look at me with her sad, confused eyes and say, "I don't like, I don't like" I tell her it's OK no one likes getting sick. I can only imagine what was going on in her brain - wondering what in the heck is going on. She would then say "I all better mommy?" It would break my heart because I would've given anything to make her better but couldn't. Luckily the stomach flu only lasted 24 hours but then 2 days later she spiked a fever. So right now we are held up in the house until she gets better. I am hoping her fever breaks soon so she can get some relief. It's no fun having sick kids. You feel so helpless and wish you could do more than just love on them.

3 comments:

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

Aww bless her little heart! I hope she feels better soon.

BDMcEvoy said...

Poor little girl! This summer the two kids and I all had the flu at the same time and poor Bruce had to run from room to room in the middle of the night as everyone was throwing up at the same time! I would hear one of the kids yell out and I would have to wake Bruce up b/c I felt like I was hit by a truck or hanging my head over the toliet! That was a BAD 24 hours!

Katie said...

:( Is she better yet?? I bet it's so hard... I hope she's better!