Saturday, July 12, 2008

School Bus Slobberknocker

If you ask the kids (including Monte) what the highlight of the week was they would tell you the School Bus races. On Tuesday night we went to Lowes Motor speedway for the school bus races. Two hours before the race we thought they might not happen because the heavens opened up and poured rain. Monte was torn between being happy for the rain because we desperately need it due to the drought or sad because the races might be canceled. I have to admit I was a happy - thinking the rain was my way out. After calling the box office 4 or 5 times Monte confirmed that the races were on. So we loaded up the car and headed to the track. I'm glad we went because the kids had a ball. Ainsley was very impressed with the pink bus. She loves pink - it's her favorite color and she'll make sure you know that. It was pretty funny watching these old brightly decorated buses drive around the track crashing into each other. Many times I thought they were going to flip over as the rounded the turns. In the end we got much needed rain and we got to see a great Slobberknocker of a race between the school buses. I'll post pictures once I download them.

No comments: