Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Give me a break

Some people in this country have their priorities so screwed up. As people complain about the long lines to vote I shake my head in disbelief. Is it that big of a sacrifice to wait in line to vote? There are men and women over seas away from family and friends for months on end putting their lives in danger so you can have the right to vote. People in line are complaining about the wait to vote all the while they happily wait in line for hours even days to get a wii or see a football game. You can wait in line for something like that but you can't wait in line to vote for our next President!?! Goodness gracious - the priorities in our country are so messed up. Yes, the lines to vote are long and yes it might not be convenient but come on it's not that big of a sacrifice. If that doesn't get you out to the polls maybe this will - if you vote you can get a free coffee at Starbucks, free donut at Krispy Kreme and even a scoop of ice cream at Ben and Jerry's. If that doesn't motivate you I don't know what will (just kidding).

5 comments:

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

you also get a free milkshake at Chic-Fil-A :)

JulieMonte said...

Ah, Man!! I wish I would have known. I heard some chil-fil-a's were giving away free stuff but it was up to the owner. I should have checked into it more. To be honest it's probably better I didn't know - at least for my waistline!!

Katie said...

ahhh, meggo beat me to telling you about the chik fil a freebee!!

David and Amy said...

Guess who just found out who many kCalories them milkshakes have (we just looked about 5 minutes before I arrived at this page) - it's the same portion-wise on calories and fat as an original chicken sandwhich PLUS a large waffle fries! We couldn't believe it either.

JulieMonte said...

Way to spoil things. I'll never get another milkshake again. FYI - If you get a salad and use the full packet of dressing you are eating more fat than a grilled sandwich and fries.