Friday, December 19, 2008

Stories from Grammy Keeks and Poppy

So once again I fell off the blog wagon and haven't written in awhile. It's not because I don't have anything to write. In fact it's the opposite. We have been so busy and there are so many stories to write about I don't even know where to begin. Monte and I were able to get away for 6 days which was absolutely wonderful (more about that in a different blog entry). A big thanks to my parents for watching the kids. The kids had a great time visiting with Grammy Keeks and Poppy and I think my parents had a good time too. When we got home mom and dad both mentioned that they asked themselves - how did we raise 5 kids? I told them Monte and I ask that all the time. That's why we are stopped at 2 - two and through.

Anyway, the kids had a jam packed week with Grammy and Poppy with lots of Christmas activities and fun. One of the funny stories mom told me was every night Beckham would brush his teeth look in the mirror and say, "I think I'm turning into an elf. Yep! I look like one more and more each day. My ears are starting to point." Mom said it was the funniest thing. Which I imagine it was.

Then there was Ainsley who acted like Santa's best friend when they went to see him at the restaurant up the road. When they pulled up Ainsley said that Santa wasn't there because she didn't see his sleigh. When they walked in and saw Santa Ainsley couldn't contain herself. She was smiling ear to ear, jumping and clapping. She asked Santa where his sleigh was and he said that Rudolph was sick so he couldn't take the sleigh out. Which must have made an impact on Ainsley because at night she prays for Rudolph to get better. The whole time they were eating dinner Ainsley was very concerned that Santa was not eating and asked him if he wanted to eat with them. He kindly declined and said Ms. Claus had made lasagna. Then she told someone to get him a drink because he looked thirsty. As my mom was relaying the story I wondered, was Ainsley really concerned for Santa or did she already figure out how to butter him up in hopes for more or better gifts?

At the dinner table last night both kids called out "get your elbows off the table this is not a horses table". Right when they said it I knew they picked that up from my dad. I remember him saying that when we were young. Ainsley also picked up the saying "Sugar Booger" from Aunt Megan. She thinks she is so funny when she says it.

There were many more stories but I'll have to post those later. I'll have to fill everyone in about our trip to Austin and Dallas.

2 comments:

David and Amy said...

I like the "keep your elbows off the table" that they've learned - they've learned that much faster than their uncle I'm afraid

David and Amy said...

Can't wait to see you all in SC by the way!