Monday, April 23, 2007

Dilly Dallying

Often I find myself running behind and am rushing around to get out the door so we are not late (those of you that know me know how much I hate being late). If you have kids you know they learn so fast and pick up on everything - even things you don't realize. As parents we say things we don't even know we say until our kids repeat them. One night Beckham was in the office with Monte and Monte asked for a hug. Beckham's reply was, "I don't have time for that daddy. I can't dilly dally I have to go dance" I realized that every time we are running behind I say "stop dilly dallying we don't have time for that we're late". Beckham has picked up on that and now uses the words dilly dally. It's funny to hear him say it but I realized how everything I say has an impact on my children and they might repeat it.

1 comment:

Susan said...

not sure what's funnier... beckham saying "dilly-dallying" or that he has such an urgency to go dance.