Sunday, March 30, 2008

4 yr Olds Point of View

A few days before we went to my parents for Easter Ms. Teri came to our house to work with the kids. Ms. Teri works for the school district with the Leap Ahead program. Leap Ahead is a wonderful program our school district has. Teachers from the district come to your house once a month and do crafts, games, and read with your child. They also give you a bunch of ideas you can use with your child to enhance their learning. it's a great program and the kids love when Ms. Teri comes.

On to the story, Ms. Teri asked Beckham where he was going for Easter. He said, "To my Grammy Keeks and Poppy's house." She then asked if he saw them often and Beckham said, "We saw them a few weeks ago when my Poppy had his leg cut off. He got a new one and he couldn't walk or leave the house so we went to waffle house and brought him some back to cheer him up." Ms. Teri looked at me funny and asked about his leg being cut off. I had to explain that my dad had knee replacement surgery a few weeks ago. He couldn't walk around and Beckham went to Waffle House to bring my dad back food. My dad loves waffle house and Beckham thought it would cheer him up. (Not to mention Beckham loves it too and it was the perfect excuse to go). We were cracking up they way he said poppy's leg was cut off.

No comments: