Sunday, March 2, 2008

World's Best Husband

It's been awhile since I have gotten a break from the kids (and maybe that was beginning to show) so on Friday night Monte told me to take Saturday off. He told me to leave in the morning and not come home until after 5. Isn't that so sweet? It was so nice to have a day to myself. I didn't have to worry about or entertain the kids. I got to do what I wanted, when I wanted. I went to Starbucks and quietly drank a coffee and did my Beth Moore Bible Study, then went to the library. I can't remember the last time I went to the library without kids. It was a totally different experience. I could take my time and look at the books I wanted to. Then I head to a few shops. Shopping is so much easier by yourself. I actually had time to try things on. Problem with having time is I probably spent more than I would have because I had time to find "things I had to have". (Had the kids been with me I would have never even seen them or realized I "needed them". After shopping and having lunch I went to a movie with a friend. It was great to see a movie that wasn't a cartoon in the theater. We saw Point of View which was different but good. I had a great time and it was nice to get rejuvenated. I am so thankful I have such a wonderful supportive husband who encourages me to take time for myself.

I guess while I was gone the kids had a great time with Dad. He took them to Waffle House for breakfast, to Home Depot to do their monthly project and to the park. How can I compete with that? I'm glad they had a fun day with Dad.

1 comment:

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

You really do have a great hubby! How sweet of him! I'm glad you got some "Me Time". You deserve it!