Monday, March 10, 2008

Build a Bear


This weekend was our first experience with Build-A-Bear Workshop. Our neighbor had her birthday party there and invited the kids. The kids had a ball!! Ainsley was a little scared of all the "factory" (her word) stuff but she loved the finished product. For those of you that don't know Build-A-Bear is a store where you pick a stuffed animal to build. It starts out flat. The kids got a kick out of seeing the animals flat. Beckham was convinced they were going to stuff it with jelly beans! That's a kid after my own heart. Once you pick the animal (there are a ton to pick from) you go to the stuffing machine. The workers put the animal on the machine and the kids get to push the magic button which fills their animal. Then you pick a heart, make a wish and put it in your animal. They sew it up then it's bath time. You take it over to a bath tub that blows air to "wash off" your animal. Since Aisnley was scared of the equipment she let the birthday girl push the button to fill her dog and let Beckham give it a bath. The rest of the store is filled with all the accessories you can buy. They have everything from clothes to suits to shoes, and even wigs!! It's a racket. Of course the accessories don't come with the party so after they build their animal they want to dress it. I have to admit the kids had a great time and I felt bad I had never taken them there (I don't really like stuffed animals they just take up space and collect dust). But the kids loved it and that's all they talked about all weekend. They couldn't wait for Monte to get home from Texas so they could tell him all about the party. Ainsley built a dog and dressed it like a ballerina. She named her Molly. Beckham made a koala bear and dressed him in a spiderman shirt. He named his Happy Birthday Balloon. Don't ask me. I tried to help him think of a different name but he refused. Oh, well.

4 comments:

60 toes said...

My three love build a bear too. Once Andrew had his so gooped up with accessories they never charged him for the bear, it was too hard to scan all of the tags.

We have not been in quite awhile but it is a lot of fun.

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

Look at those faces! They are so happy! I love build-a-bear too. I have given them and gotten a couple too. I love how you can personalize them!

Katie said...

Look how happy they are!! Goodness, I'd take them there everyday to see those faces! :) I miss you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.