Thursday, May 15, 2008

Beauty Queen

A few weeks ago I was downstairs making lunch before going to pick Beckham up from school and Ainsley was upstairs playing - or so I thought. It was 12:00 and time to go get Beckham. I go upstairs to get Ainsley and much to my surprise she has turned herself into a beautiful princess - make up and all. Some how she go into my make up and decided she wanted to be like mom and put it on. 3 yr olds don't put makeup on very well. She had mascara all over her cheeks and eyes, powdered eyeshadow everywhere (not just on her face - when I say everywhere I mean everywhere), and worst of all there was cover girl color stay lipstick all over her cheeks. I can attest that when they say "Color Stay" they really mean it. I could not get it off. Since we had to go get Beckham I quickly grabbed a baby wipe and wiped the majority of the makeup off except the color stay lipstick. I scrubbed her face raw and nothing came off. We had to go - I put her in the car and got Beckham. We had to go straight to speech and when we got home she was exhausted so I put her straight to bed for a nap. When I woke her up I forgot that she still had the lipstick on her face. I didn't have time to do it then because I had to get to the YMCA to teach. So she went to the Y with makeup on her face. When we got home I knew Monte would be home any minute so I left it on for him to see. Finally after dinner I got it off with a mixture of liquid soap and antibacterial hand gel. So if you have color stay lipstick don't let your 3 yr old use it. (Notice how sad she looks in the picture. She knew she had done something wrong and refused to smile.)

No comments: