Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Father's Eyes

The Lord was looking over us this morning. We have a fireplace that starts by turning on a light switch it's great except it has a draft that comes into the house (there is no flue to close). Since it had been cold and windy the past few weeks we put a blanket in front of the fireplace to keep the draft down. Well, this morning I was drying my hair and when I was done something smelled funny. At first I thought it was probably a hair that got stuck in the dryer but then something told me to go out of the room. When I did I saw our fireplace burning. Ainsley had turned on the light switch that controls the fire. (Beckham know better but we have never talked to Ainsley about it b/c she has never been able to reach the switches - she can now). I race downstairs and shut it off. Luckily the blanket that was covering the fireplace fell down so it didn't catch fire. The Lord was protecting us and thankfully nothing happened. Ainsley now knows not to touch the fireplace light switch.

1 comment:

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

praise God! That is scary! Glad everything is okay.

xoxo