Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm on a roll

I just finished posting the "4 things" blog and decided to write another quick one. I recently got 2 new gadgets for my birthday and love them both. Typically I am not a gadget person but these are fun and what I needed. The first is a Tom Tom navigation system. Many of you know that I have NO sense of direction. This is the greatest invention! I can type in any address or place I want to go and "Emma" tells me where to turn. I picked the British voice and named her Emma. The second gadget is a Heart rate monitor. Since I have been going to the gym a lot more I decided this would be a good thing to have. Now I could monitor how hard I am working and how many calories I am burning. After my class on Wednesday (with the instructor that trains Marines) I burned 750 calories in an hour! The Heart rate monitor also allows me to see my max heart rate during the work out, the average and how long I was in my target heart rate zone. A lot of people wouldn't get excited about a gadget like this but I love it. It helps me validate how hard I worked in a class.

2 comments:

60 toes said...

we call our on board navigation system, Lola. That is an aweseome gadget.

Enjoy.

When your parents were here we plugged their new address in just for fun. Let's just say it would be a LONG drive.

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

fun...i didn't know you got a heart monitor.

i programed mine for the aussie chick...still trying to think of a name.