Friday, January 9, 2009

LPM blog challange

This week I was reading through all the blog entries I've missed on the Living Proof Ministries blog. One of the challenges Beth Moore made for 2009 was to memorize 24 verses in 12 months. That means 2 verses a month. So I am taking her up on her challenge and challenge all of you to do the same. Each month on the 1st and 15th I'll post the verse I am working on. You can pick whatever verse you want or you can do the one I am doing. Even though I am a little behind here is the verse I chose for the beginning of January.

Romans 5:3
We can rejoice too when we run into trials, for we know that they are good for us - they help us learn to endure.
Another challenge for our pastor gave was to read the Bible and journal about it everyday. Monte and I did this last year and it was a wonderful blessing. We both made it through the whole year. Last year we studied the New Testament. This year we are doing the Old Testament. Give it a try it will be well worth your time. Spending time in God's word daily is life changing. Give it a shot.

No comments: