Thursday, May 31, 2007

Flip flopped

As many of you know for many years I spent my summers working at the pool. I taught swim lessons and worked as a lifeguard watching kids play as their moms chase after them. I would be at the pool all day everyday. Now that I am a mom of two kids things have flip flopped. I am still at the pool everyday but now I am the mom that is chasing after her kids. Beckham and Ainsley LOVE the pool (or cool as Ainsley calls it). The pool has been open 12 days and we have been there 9 of those days - we didn't go over Memorial weekend because we thought it would be too crowded. Beckham has become more confident in the water and loves the big pool. He doesn't like that we have to trade off between the big and baby pool. Ainsley likes the baby pool better (the big pool is a little too cold for her right now). I have a better understanding of why stay at home moms bring their kids to the pool everyday. It keeps them entertained and it wears them out. Both kids take long naps after we've been to the pool. So, I am sure we will be at the pool a lot this summer. For those of you that don't know I am still teaching swim lessons at the local YMCA. Once we get a new camera I'll take pics at the pool and post them. Happy swimming!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Can't wait to see pics. What kind of camera are you guys looking at getting?

JulieMonte said...

we can't decide. Either another Cannon or getting a real nice one so we have a nice one when we go on safari (not for a few years). we are worried if we get an expensive one now the kids might break it by the time we need it for the safari. so we are thinking of getting a less expensive one.

60 toes said...

Julie, how I can relate to your post. I used to hang out with Katie at the pool, fun! :) Now my kids are the ones hanging out with the guards. All three of our kiddos are doing swim team this summer, so that will be fun.

Can't wait to see pics.

-C

J. Sherrill said...

That's definitely the motive of going to the pool...wearing them out! Then it's a great nap! Although, with Megan and Parker being 17 months old...I can't do a whole lot outside where they both run in different directions! Tanner (4) is a great big brother though to help with them! Glad you all are doing good. We need to get together since we're just an hour away from each other now!