Friday, May 25, 2007

Funny things we say


The past few weeks Monte and I have said a few things to the kids and after saying them we thought: I never thought I would hear myself say that!! The first one was a few weeks ago Beckham had spilled on his shirt at dinner so we took it off (normally he always has to wear a shirt at the table). Anyway, he started rubbing yogurt on his chest and Monte said "Beckham stop rubbing yogurt on your chest!" Then last night Beckham put macaroni in his ears. He said "Look mommy, I'm shrek" I tried not to laugh and said "Beckham don't put macaroni in your ears". Beckham tends to be shy around a lot of people but at home he is a clown. He loves to laugh and do funny things to get us to laugh. I love when he gets Ainsley laughing because he follows suit and soon everyone is laughing. If you have never heard a kid laugh from their belly you are missing out. It is the most precious sound I can think of.
I thought of another thing I said the other day and couldn't believe I said it. Beckham was pretending to be a dog. I turned around to see what he was doing and I said, "Beckham stop licking your sister!" His reply, "I'm just giving her doggy kisses". Kids are funny.

1 comment:

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

haha...that is too cute! I find myself thinking the same thing when I say things to my students!