Friday, May 25, 2007

Thank you

With Memorial Day on Monday I thought I would take a minute and thank all of the men and women who serve our country. As many of you know I come from a military family so it has always been a part of my life. I am proud to have such a strong military family. It taught me that freedom is not free and that a lot is sacrificed that some will never know or understand. I was also reminded of this last weekend when we had a few friends over for a BBQ. One of our friends' husband is in the Army and has been in Iraq since last fall. He was home for his 2 week leave and headed back for another 7 months. Monte and I had never met him because we met his wife while he was in Iraq. After talking to him it made me even more thankful for the men and women serving our country. So, to all of you that serve, have served or have family that serve (you sacrifice too) a heart felt thank you goes out to you. I encourage you to take a few moments on Memorial Day to pray for our troops (praying for them everyday would be even better).

No comments: