Tuesday, June 12, 2007

FIRE!!!!

Ainsley's newest saying. Whenever she is mad, doesn't get her way, frustrated, or when someone takes her toy she clinches her fists and yells FIRE!! She learned it from Beckham who learned it from a kid at school. Once Ainsley started doing it Beckham stopped. He would clinch his fists and yell it. Ainsley has taken it one step further and will not only clinch her fists but if she is saying it because of something Beckham has done (or her perception of him doing something) she hits him and yells FIRE! I know that if the kids are playing upstairs and I hear Ainsley yell fire I can guarantee crying is soon to follow (either from her or Beckham). It has become her outlet when she gets frustrated. We are working on stopping this little habit. We are trying to get her to use her words (she is talking a ton now). I guess she could be saying something much worse.

4 comments:

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

i can attest to this...but i must say it is so cute and funny sometimes i just take things from her to hear her say it...lol...TOTALLY KIDDING!

Katie said...

Lol, Megan! And from my experiences, you probably do take stuff from her just to make her mad! LMBO!!!

Amanda said...

Julie, this is so funny. Im glad Im not there because I know I would totally bust out laughing and Monte would give me one of those looks like, Oh Mandie...

JulieMonte said...

I think the time outs are working becasue she has only said FIRE!! a few ties int he past few days. I know Katie was bummed that she didn't do it while she was in town this weekend but I am proud of Ainsley for not screaming FIRE!!! when she gets frustrated or mad.