Monday, June 25, 2007

Funny stories from Target

We were in Target today and I was trying to figure out what kind of shampoo to get and Beckham noticed a larger man on the same aisle. He then proceeds to say...that man had a big belly, why is his tummy so big mom? Is it because he eats too much. I was mortified. I tried to tell him to shhhshh! but he kept asking. I don't know if the man heard but I was so embarrassed. I quickly grabbed some shampoo and pushed the cart a few aisles away before talking to Beckham about how it is rude to talk about people's weight or talk about people that might look different. I tried to tell him how God made everyone different and we should love everyone for who they are. He then said, did God make him fat or does he eat too much? At that point I tried to change the subject and finish my shopping.

No comments: